Thursday, February 24, 2011

Words of the Day XVIX

Lazy!

Today, I woke up, and had a good sleep. I forgot to post yesterday, and only remembered at about 3 am. So I just let it go. Been playing DoW2 Campaign co-op with my mate, that's been a lot of fun.



Japanese Word of the Day is: 遅い

                                          Osoi

English Word of the Day is:  Tardy


Osoi is one of those fantastic words that serves many purposes. It means either slow, or late, or stupid. Isn't that nice?


Tardy means slow, ineffectual, late, and is reminiscent of 'retarded' which means stupid. Isn't that nice?


Osoi in a sentence: 
お前は遅いです。

You are (slow/late/stupid).
  



Well, that's about it for me today. Tell me in the comment section if you are an unfunny joke that was flogged to death!

18 comments:

  1. that sentence is cool, since you can be rude but they can't prove it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. osoi and tardy go hand in hand with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tardy :D
    And no definitely not unfunny, definitely still alive

    ReplyDelete
  4. osoi :D yeah!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. tardy as a result of being a bit osoi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember getting tardy slips in school. I felt shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol tardy is one of my favorite words, although I use it incorrectly. When a mate is acting stupid I tell them they are acting or being tardy, like a tard lol. Perhaps not PC but whatevs

    ReplyDelete
  8. -_- these words describe me perfectly... *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  9. perfect word for me to learn, thx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might write down you Japanese words of the day and turn them into a vocabulary to study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been tardy for the past month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Still playing DoW2? haha...I think that was/is on sale! I Dunno, I have a back catalog of games to play including Civ 5 so I don't need anymore games for sure.

    Why is it they use tardy for school? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tardy, something I heard a lot in high school, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. tardy is a real word? now i know!

    ReplyDelete