Friday, February 4, 2011

Words of the Day VIII

Off milk

Today, I bought milk that was best before a week ago. I still drank it, it was delicious.


Japanese Word of the Day is: ミルク
                                          Miruku

English Word of the Day is:  Contraindication


Miruku is the Japanese word
for milk. It's a transliteration, which means the sounds of the donor language are made to fit to the host language, and the meaning is kept the same. Milk!

Contraindication is a medical term used to mean 'it is not recommended you do that'. Contra meaning against, and indicate meaning indicate. "Drinking milk that has expired is contraindicated, but, you most likely won't die, Mr. Juan."



Miruku in a sentence: みどりミルクを飲んでみったらどうですか。
                                 Why don't you try and see what this green milk is like?.


Well, that's about it for me today. Tell me in the comment section if you've ever forgotten to change the 'tell me in the comment section' section of your blog from the last day.

18 comments:

  1. Dont drink the old milk! nOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat milk...I'm lactose so it doesn't go down as easy D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually don't trust milk thats past its "due date" xD open..smell..check date..drink or throw away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, gonna see if I can remember the word Contraindication by tomorrow :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like frosted mini wheats. that is all

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doubt I'll be able to remember that word (or at least how to spell it). Hopefully you didn't have to pay full price for that milk. And my balls are still very alive fortunately :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ewww expired milk is gross!

    your friend,
    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! no thanks :P You can have my milk with pleasure next time mine runs out!
    Always supporting,
    http://blazaimagenes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is new information " ミルク" follow and support

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love milk. I have every morning a glass for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wanna make my milk wub wub wub wub wub. i mean Miruku.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm gonna have to use that sometime. "Contraindication"

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice blog
    followed :)

    http://ngp-psp2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had some really bad experiences with expired milk, so I always check it before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Week past exp milk. You are a braver man than I.

    ReplyDelete