Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Words of the Day VI

Words of the Day, female friendly version.

Today, I felt bad about my last two blog postings, to I decided to do a less genderist one.


Japanese Word of the Day is: バラ
                                           Bara

English Word of the Day is:  Fragrance


Bara simply means rose. It comes from ibara, which means, thorn. Roses are absolutely beautiful. It is written in katakana instead of kanji as the kanji is purportedly rare. Fascinating!
Fragrance means the scent or smell of something. It sounds faffy, so it's most likely french in origin. Fragrance can also mean a perfume or other equally formulated pungent liquid. Neato.

Bara in a sentence:  私のアッドをご覧になって下さい。
                                 I gave the sick person a rose.


Well, that's about it for me today. Tell me in the comment section if you've ever given or received a rose.

22 comments:

  1. What does Bara mean? I think I heard it before....is it like "damn"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no roses for me :(

    ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Havent received, just given. Sometimes i hope i was a hot girl.

    http://consumecosts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have given lots of roses, going to send a nice boquet to my lady come valentines. Enjoying your blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've given some roses. However I don't think I'll receive one, since it seems a bit weird for a man to receive flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back in the days, when I was a bit more romantic, I gave away roses to a few girls ... I was about 13 or 14 back then ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roses were our flower at our wedding. Thanks!

    blundersfrom6foot2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. never given or recieved a rose..:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've given a rose, it's been a while hah

    ReplyDelete
  10. no homo? lol jk brah. good info in here. i didn't know some of this stuff

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'd give a rose to my girlfriend out of irony since we think it's very corny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yep given a couple of roses out when i was younger

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember when I was little, our school used to sell roses around Valentine's Day. Yellow was supposed to mean secret admirer, but I got a yellow one for my mom because I liked it the best lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post makes me want to go out and get my lady friend a bara. Then go on too explain what Bara means.. Then sound smart.. Then get laid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roses are expensive, but women love 'em for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never gotten a rose, don't really want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's so genderist about an exploding cunt?

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've never received a rose...and I'd like to keep it that way. haha. Cool blog you got here btw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I've given some, but I can't remember If I received any...

    ReplyDelete