Thursday, February 17, 2011

Words of the Day XIV

Kristen.

Today, I had a good day. I saw two dutch girls and we went out for picnic dinner at the town gardens. Also, I canceled my newspaper subscription and they said I would be refunded some money, and my student loan was approved with a billion percent less pain than I expected to. Today's words were brought to you by Dutch Girl #1.


Japanese Word of the Day is:
ラマ
                                          Rama

English Word of the Day is:  Face


Llama is the transliteration of Llama into Japanese.
Nothing to see here. Alternate spellings are リャマ (Ryama) which is strange.

Face is the fancy word for visage, appearance, guise and facade. It can be mixed so seamlessly into everyday conversation that you will not even know, nor will your friends know just how class you are. True story.



Rama in a sentence: 
お前はラマみたいかおがある。

You have a llama face!.
  



Well, that's about it for me today. Tell me in the comment section if you have ever been told you look like a llama, or are dutch, so that I can mock you bitterly.

22 comments:

  1. Loving this blog, Ive learned quite a bit so far, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope next lesson will be longer :[

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm mindfucked, I read "ramen" more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting.. :D
    thefitmuscle.blogspot.com
    $upported!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to admit i do look like a llama

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe next time along with your word of the day you can provide a picture of the dutch girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, keep em goin'. I'm looking forward to calling people llama faces now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am Dutch. And I'm not proud of it. The Netherlands aren't that interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am neither Dutch, nor have I ever been called a llama. I consider myself very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Chinese word for America is 美國, pronounced meiguo, a transliteration which means literally "beautiful country". This would seem to be overtly flattering; however, the first character 美 (mei), though it does mean beautiful, is a vertical combination of the characters 大 (da) and 羊 (yang), meaning, respectively, "large" and "sheep".

    Fun, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. if i said i looked like a llama would you mock me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. your day sounds really good especially the part where you go to dinner with pretty girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't look like a llama, but I do have a number of llama badges on deviantart. Does that count? 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like your blog, interesting fun stuff! following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Face is NOT a fancy word for visage...isn't it the other way around ? =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why there is pic of Mike meyers in your post?

    ReplyDelete