Sunday, February 13, 2011

Words of the Day XI

Malnutrition!

Today, I woke up I was feeling pretty horrible from last night. It was a good day. Played from DoW2 Retribution Beta with a mate, and felt good. Then I got hungry. But I am lazy, so...


Japanese Word of the Day is: レズクラブ

                                            Rezu Kurabu

English Word of the Day is:  Gesticulating


Rezu Kurabu is Japanese for lesbian club. It is clearly a transliteration, and immediately recognisable as the appropriate words in English.
This is the sort of club where carpet sweepers like to go after a hard days work, to stroke the furry walls.

Gesticulating, or gesticulation, is a fancy word that broadly means gesture, signal, beckon or indicate. You gesticulate with your hands or arms. When you gesticulate with your fingers, it's called digital gesticulation. So next time, instead of saying 'I signaled to the waitress for my regular,' say, proudly, to your friends, 'I digitally gesticulated for the waitress, slowly and surely, and she knew what I wanted.'




Rezu Kurabu in a sentence: 
レズクラブにゆるくてきれいなウェイトレスに見た。 悪くすることがあるみたいだ。
                              
We saw that hot, loose waitress at the lesbian club. She looked like she'd done bad things before that, already.


Well, that's about it for me today. Tell me in the comment section if you've ever been a lesbian club.

24 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that word existed in the English language lol. Learn something new everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a warhammer fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, interesting word choice today. I wish I could use it in a sentence but I doubt the opportunity will ever come up. Also "carpet sweepers" is a lot funnier at 2am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the words of the day, keep them comming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the words "lesbian club" and suddenly realized how infiltrated my mind is. Lesbians, you got to love them. Well, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gesticulate sounds really dirty. Anyway, I don't believe I've ever been "a lesbian club", as you have delightfully worded it. Perhaps one day, on a whim and a dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to a few lesbian clubs, they are a lot of fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will be sure to gesticulate for the waitress the next time im at a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been to a lesbian club, but that is a funny transliteration. What will the Japanese think of next?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me more about those carpet sweepers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just how popular are these lesbian clubs?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never been to a lesbian club. But I've seen them in movies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice Japanese word of the day there :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting, thanks for that. Im learning japanese atm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No I havent been. But would love to?
    do you have to bat for other side or I can just watch the game ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to open up a lesbian club with midget wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gesticulation has a dirty sound it... Thanks for the new word, doubt I will use it anytime soon but you never know

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think they would let me in as a guy :/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome, now I'm going to go try to impress this japanese chick in one of my classes by asking her if she likes to participate in digital gesticulation at her local rezu kurabu. I'm so in!

    ReplyDelete