Monday, February 21, 2011

Words of the Day XVIII

Lies and Slander!!

Today, I woke up, after sleeping for an hour. Cool.



Japanese Word of the Day is:

                                          Usou

English Word of the Day is:  Beguile


Usou means lie, or a falsehood. It is used both how we use it in sentences. The Japanese use it as a colloquialism in the same way we use 'no way!' which is kind of cool.


Beguile means to deceive or delude. Specifically, through being suave, personal charm or some other form of interpersonal misdirection. Sneaky!


Usou in a sentence: 
本当は嘘がないと思います。

I think truth has no lies.
  



Well, that's about it for me today. Tell me in the comment section if you bleep bloop bloop!

20 comments:

  1. that is not a lot of sleep at all. what caused you to get up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One hour sleep? I've had longer naps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beguile is an awesome word, I just love the way its spelt and sounds for some reason lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the word beguile. Just like the word nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what's japanese word for "sleep deprivation", hm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how the japanese are so relaxed. same word or falsehood as no way

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool words. do you drink coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bleep. Bloop bloop bleep.
    Or whatever the hell that may mean. xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more you kno'. G.I Joe.

    consumecosts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. beguile has always been a personal favorite

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Beguiled was a pretty good Clint Eastwood movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow how do you only sleep for an hour? lol. I would not move at all. NOTHING could get me up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beguile is Pink Panther all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've seriously got the best Japanese words in here. I love this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I definitely Bleep bloop bloop, and then some!

    ReplyDelete